- Where are you from?
I am from a region called Extremadura but I was born in Holland.
- What do you like to do in your free time?
I like the being outdoors and most of all I loved spending time with my family.
- What is your favourite place in Spain?
In Spain, there are many places worth visiting but for me, the best places are any of the small towns in the north of Cáceres. Good weather, good food, nice people and beautiful scenery. Of course there are also some beautiful places in the province Salamanca.
- Where is your favourite place in Salamanca?
There are many places but la Plaza de Anaya is a very special place, especially in Spring and Summer.
- What country would you like to visit?
As I was born in Holland, it is a country that I am very fond of but I would also love to travel to other countries such as Germany, England and Italy.
About my job:
- When did you start teaching at ISLA?
- What do you like most about your job?
The thing I like most is sharing my time with people from other countries. It is a fantastic way of getting to know other cultures and different ways of thinking.
- What do you most like about teaching at ISLA?
The familiarity. The relationship between teachers and students at ISLA is very strong.
- Is it difficult to teach a foreign language?
It isn´t easy but daily work teaches you to be a better teacher by learning from your mistakes and also re-using things that I learnt on training courses where I shared experiences with other teachers.
- What do you think about the role of new technology in teaching?
Technology is being integrated into our lives more and more. At ISLA, there are interactive whiteboards that we use in our classes and for people that can´t come to ISLA we have Skype classes which is a fantastic way of learning Spanish without leaving home.